Tuesday, March 10, 2009

things are looking up!

today I (secretly...shhhh) started the love dare. I find myself looking for positive things to say. so on day one I decided i am going to do everything in my power to tame the tongue. this is a noble task only to be undertaken by the purest of hearts. Satan loves to get us christians to use our venomous vocals when ever possible. I would bet that the majority of us never take in to consideration how much our words define who we are ......out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

so things are looking up in the Shaffer household, well except for maya's constant defiance of any and all authority. sarah's evening job has tested me in ways I cannot explain. it isn't having the kids all evening that tests me, it is not having sarah around. I feel like our marriage has suffered and the more time we spend apart the more we drift away from each other. So I am praying that the Love Dare will quicken our marriage and renew the passion that first drew us together.

so to the 2 blogger friends I have, pray hard for me and my wife as we undergo yet another difficult part of our life.

peace out
sam

2 comments:

Sam, Sarah, Claudia, Camile, Maya, and Gabriel said...

:) thanks for being strong when I am weak.

Carly said...

You will be in my prayers! And I do not think that you will regret doing the Love Dare!